Cleaning Up The Lot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I was looking for more shoulder season wood for this coming year so why not some pine that mother nature put down in 2008 or 09, most of this pine was off the ground so it's all good.

I'll be c/s more of the pine tomorrow so we should be all set for for this coming shoulder season wood. This will also give us another area for a trail. Attached are some pictures of the work done today,the first two are the two plus pines I worked on, the last two pictures are some readings I took of two splits.

zap

Attachments

• 100_4759.jpg
    100_4759.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 292
  • 100_4760.jpg
    100_4760.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 277
  • 100_4761.jpg
    100_4761.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 302
  • 100_4762.jpg
    100_4762.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 293
  • 100_4763.jpg
    100_4763.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 307
  • 100_4767.jpg
    100_4767.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 288
  • 100_4768.jpg
    100_4768.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 282
Zap - how much pine do you plan to burn during the shoulder season next year? I had a big pine taken down a few weeks ago - about 2 full pallets stacked now and about one or two more to go (I'm only working up the easier stuff - the tree was huge and I'm going to roll the real big rounds to the woods to and leave it to rot. I'd like to burn this pine next fall, but I'm not sure if it'll dry by October. Cheers!

We have just under two cord of hemlock & pine that has been stacked, with the pine I'm working on plus what is scattered around the woods c/s we should have close to four cord if we want. I always passed the hemlock & pine but we have so much down we would be better off burning the smaller pine or milling the bigger stuff.

We plan on building a outdoor fireplace this summer so some of the pine will be used in that. When I tell people that I'm cutting pine they give me the... you can't burn pine. I think by the middle of September or before this stuff will be ready.

Have A Good One

Zap

Nice amount. I'd like to start getting 2 cord of pine per year (seems like there is always some lying around since everyone here also thinks you can't burn it) to stretch out the good stuff. Have a good one too! Cheers!

That pine will be ready by fall if you split it now no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.