Clearance from add-on to oil furnace?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish740

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2007
Now that I've finally got my Englander add-on I'm trying to determine where to put it. I'd like to place it close to my oil furnace to make the runs for the intake air and the hot air as short as possible, but are there guidelines about how close an add-on should be to a furnace?

Badfish740 said:
Now that I've finally got my Englander add-on I'm trying to determine where to put it. I'd like to place it close to my oil furnace to make the runs for the intake air and the hot air as short as possible, but are there guidelines about how close an add-on should be to a furnace?
it will be in the manuel but if you can get it about 5 ft would be sweet

smokinj said:

I should have phrased that more clearly. What I meant was, is there a specific distance I need to keep between the stove and the furnace itself (for safety reasons) or can they be a couple of inches from each other?

Badfish740 said:
smokinj said:

I should have phrased that more clearly. What I meant was, is there a specific distance I need to keep between the stove and the furnace itself (for safety reasons) or can they be a couple of inches from each other?
they need to be apart to what the code says but its the same as walls or anything else as long as you meet that your ok 30 in. is what mine says on the plate

you need room to move around is why i say 5 feet being sweet and that will give you room later to put in wood racks if need to season wood quicker

Mines about a foot maybe a couple inches more. Your clearances are to combustables. Unless your oil furnace is made of wood, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.