Closed system w/1000 gallons storage - Water treatment

3fordasho Posted By 3fordasho, Sep 11, 2019 at 3:58 PM

Dismiss Notice
System Upgrade. Monday 9/16 7am central time.Thanks for your patience.
  1. 3fordasho

3fordasho
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 20, 2007
    Loc:
    South Central Minnesota
    Just curious is anyone treats their water in a closed/pressurized system? 1000+gallons so traditional boiler treatments are normally sized for a 30 gallon system and would get very expensive for a system with 1000 gallons.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. brenndatomu

brenndatomu
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 21, 2013
    Loc:
    NE Ohio
    We use Damon Boiler-Rite #39 at work...comes in a 5 gallon bucket, only takes a few qts to treat a 300 gallon system...works well...the boiler is a 1969 model, only been re-tubed once, and they said that was a waste of time/money...told us whatever we are doing for maintenance, keep doing it. I'll hafta check the price, but I don't think its too expensive.
    http://damonq.com/watertreat.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gfirkus

gfirkus
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 28, 2014
    Loc:
    central wisconsin
    I treated my 1400 gallon Switzer just to be safe. Chemical was around $500, but should never have to be touched again. I still send samples in every two years for piece of mind. A little bit of $ for a large investment. Don’t remember the treatment off hand. Went thru Wood boiler solutions llc.

4. maple1

maple1
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 15, 2011
    Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    I didn't.

Well, maybe I did, but not sure I should admit it. When it was time to fill my tanks, it was also time to drain our above ground pool. And I didnt want to stress our shallow well and well pump. So I let the filter pump go on that for a couple days and got the ph adjusted with some pool ph booster, then drained the pool into my tanks. That likely wasn't 'kosher', but no issues yet, after 7 years, even with my 'sensitive to impurities' Alpha ECM circulator.

5. brenndatomu

brenndatomu
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 21, 2013
    Loc:
    NE Ohio
    I just looked it up...$80 for 5 gallons

6. Bad LP

Bad LP
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 28, 2014
    Loc:
    Northern Maine
    I did but forget the name. Keeps the seals flexible

7. 3fordasho

3fordasho
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 20, 2007
    Loc:
    South Central Minnesota
    Did you purchase direct from them or do they sell through others?

8. brenndatomu

brenndatomu
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 21, 2013
    Loc:
    NE Ohio
    We purchase direct...I can get you the sales guys info if you want it...