CO meters

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

canyon

Nov 25, 2007
Homer, Alaska
I am in the market for a carbon monoxide meter. I am enough of a pyro to admit I need one for chasing down gas leaks and even analyzing combustion. I wish I could afford an exhaust gas analyzer but some searching shows at least $1000 needed to get in the game. So I am considering a portable handheld CO tester. Does anyone have one that could share their experience with their model? I am leaning towards the Fluke CO-220 which appears to be available for $300. Thanks! :)

I don't know about their CO meters, But Fluke makes a real nice product. We use Fluke multimeters, amprobes,thermocouple meters, as well as their infrared camera.Very happy with them so i would bet the CO meter would be nice as well

Fluke makes some very nice test equipment I have used tgfxa number of different ones but not the co detection unit.
For static use around the house Kidde makes some nice smoke/co alarms v

Status
Not open for further replies.