New installation by newbie

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

GardenGuy

Dec 2, 2021
France
Hi all,
I'm new to wood stoves - we don't need them in Africa where I'm from! But now living in France in an old garage we are renovating, I realise a wood stove is essential in winter here.

I bought a Theca poêle à bois and stainless steel flue and fittings from Poujoulat. The stove has a 100mm vertical outlet so I plan to attach about 1 meter of single skin pipe then a 90º bend and go out horizontal through the clay brick wall. I then have a condenser adapter which will attach to a T and the insulated vertical double skin flue going up 6 metres. It will go 1 meter above the roof with a bird-proof cap, with wall fixings about every meter or so.

I'm about to start making the hole in the wall but I don't have a sleeve for the single skin pipe going through the wall. Can I make up something from some leftover pipe I have or is this something specific I need to go out and buy. Is it advisable to insulate the wall space around the sleeve?

I have read a whole bunch of the amazing posts on here and while it's very useful and informative, I am feeling overwhelmed by it all. If I could afford to get an expert installer to do it for me I would, but I just don't have €800 spare to do that. So if any of you experts feel like sharing some top tips to help a brother out, I'd really appreciate it.

Hi all,
I'm new to wood stoves - we don't need them in Africa where I'm from! But now living in France in an old garage we are renovating, I realise a wood stove is essential in winter here.

I bought a Theca poêle à bois and stainless steel flue and fittings from Poujoulat. The stove has a 100mm vertical outlet so I plan to attach about 1 meter of single skin pipe then a 90º bend and go out horizontal through the clay brick wall. I then have a condenser adapter which will attach to a T and the insulated vertical double skin flue going up 6 metres. It will go 1 meter above the roof with a bird-proof cap, with wall fixings about every meter or so.

I'm about to start making the hole in the wall but I don't have a sleeve for the single skin pipe going through the wall. Can I make up something from some leftover pipe I have or is this something specific I need to go out and buy. Is it advisable to insulate the wall space around the sleeve?

I have read a whole bunch of the amazing posts on here and while it's very useful and informative, I am feeling overwhelmed by it all. If I could afford to get an expert installer to do it for me I would, but I just don't have €800 spare to do that. So if any of you experts feel like sharing some top tips to help a brother out, I'd really appreciate it.
Hey thanks for all the replies! Ah well, I figured it out myself...