Coal Boilers and Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

altheating

I just got back from a factory tour with the Amish folks at the D.S. Machine Shop, the makers of D.S. Machine Coal Stoves. The Amish market has led to the creation of a well built, simple hastle free coal burning stove. The stoves are all manufactured with heavy steel construction, cast doors and grates. If you are looking for a basic stove with no bells and whistles and one that will burn even when the power goes out, take a look at the D.S. Machine line of coal stoves. The basic Econo Riteburn 150,000 BTU stove sells for approximately $850.00 They currently produce 8 models of UL listed stoves from 80,000 btu's to 180,000 Btu's. If you are looking for a high quality, low cost coal stove, take a look at D.S. Machine stoves. They also produce several models of basement stoves. You will not find them on the web. We are currently the only delaer with an any on line information. Take a look.
http:www.altheating.com/dsmachine.pdf

I saw one of their units at a local amishman's veal barn. I was amazed at how simple it was.... Only problem I could see is he was using it to heat water from well temperature to hot so when the big tank it was attached to was first filled, he'd get some clinker from the cold water in the stove...... But a very nice stove either way.

i heat my home with a number 4 boiler ,simple design very heavy burn times are 14hr with wood 24 with coal when burning coal should shake down every 12 hrs and top off.when running on low you can really steatch out burn times.down my shop i heat with there kozy king model very long burn times all day with out loading .also burn 1300 circulator with hopper for demo.look at my videos and comment my film makers ability is not hollywood quality but you will get to see stoves in action. http://firstclassstoves.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.