Question: We have a situation where cold air is being drawn into the room from the lower grill of a circulating fireplace. The chase is fully insulated- on an exterior wall. The cold air is almost enough to blow out a match. What are your suggestions to correct the problem? Thanks in advance. Answer: Unfortunately- that's the nature of the beast...it's a air-cooled chimney which brings cold air down the outer wall and dumps it on the firebox...the unit gets so cold that it becomes a sort of air conditioner for the room. Personally- I think the building codes should not allow this. For temporary solution (when not burning) you could get a strip of the magnetic sign vinyl and stick it on there.