Cold

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

johneh

Minister of Fire
Dec 19, 2009
Eastern Ontario
September 9 Frost on the Roof
Wife wants the stove on 58::Fin the family room
1::C outside. Trying not to but the heat on
Guess it will be a long cold winter

Yep i run the quad all last week in the morning to take off the chill been in the low 40’s here on tug hill. Im thinking the same John, gonna be a cold one

Reactions: johneh
Indian summer coming this week in WI. 70s and low 80s!

It started getting cold early here and leaves started turning quick and I was wondering if winter would be early. Some parts below freezing. Then it shaped back up and got warm again. Still over 70F in my house with the upstairs window open 24/7. I did fire up the stove one summer night for a half hour when it got chilly. Not that I needed to, but because I wanted to. Haven't fired it up since. Now it's just me I'll probably go through a lot less pellets. Looking at the forecast I think now we are in for our usual 3 weeks of rain before the first snow.

Well I thought Maine was bad. Did a 185 mile ride on our Polaris Slingshot over to Laconia and back temperatures in the 80s and humid. Guess it's not so bad here in Maine. Currently have the air conditioner going in the TV room

Nice and toasty around here. Close to 90 for Wednesday forecast. And there hasn't been that much rain for September.

A foot of snow last weekend, 10-60f , -13-15c, a 40lb bag every 4 days in the P61...more snow on Tuesday just west of Calgary....time for another ton...stay worm eryone!!!

Reactions: Jake86
Bag every 4 days. that's pretty l ow useage. I am using 1/2 bag at those temps with 2600sq ft house. Harmon XXV. Heating to 73 in hallway about 15ft from Stove.