Collar issue on DV360

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

J-P

Dec 4, 2014
Montreal, CANADA
I have a direct vent CFM DV360RFN, the collar kept falling off. After many months of trying to repair the collar I tried a smart thing, bending it in an attempt to keep it on. Sadly a few days later I found out that the model had a repair kit designed to keep the collar attached to the flue pipe.

CFM is no longer around and there are no spare collars available (please correct me if I'm wrong). So what options do I have ? Should I try to put it back in its original shape and risk a leak ?

2cej6tc.jpg

2nu3x4p.jpg

Hard to tell from your pic, but I assume you're venting this horizontally.
I would try returning it to the original configuration, installing it & goobing (technical term)
a LOT of RTV silicone around the junction of the collar & the sheet metal box.
Maybe support it in position until the RTV sets up - 24 hours.
Then reinstall your venting.
If that doesn't work, & if you can get at the fireplace, I'd try making some small,
"L-shaped" sheet metal brackets.
Install them on the collar with zip screws & then zip screw the brackets to the stove.
Cover the screw heads with RTV to seal the venting.

Reactions: J-P
Status
Not open for further replies.