Competition for Super Cedars?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
"What is this charge on the credit card bill?"

"Oh, that's just some crap I ordered from India."

Reactions: Ashful
When you get off the plane in India burning dung cakes may be the first smell. It's not unpleasant, a bit like burnt popcorn but not as acrid.
Dung patties are drying everywhere, even in many parts of Delhi, a city of 12+ million.

One of my fathers-in-law (actually he was my second, and I really liked him) first heard this at our house during a Christmas visit in about 1982. Dr Demento was still on the radio back then. I'll never forget how FIL laughed until he cried. Good stuff.

When my husband was stationed in Korea (1970's) the villagers used cow patties for heat. The area he was in was basically rice paddy areas and the villagers homes were built on pillars. The villagers would lite the patties and shove them under their homes, lay on the floor and be warm overnight in the winter months.

Status
Not open for further replies.