Concorde Catalytic stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbcgrand

Dec 11, 2005
We purchased the stove from a friend 25 or so years ago. After many years of use the gasket needs replacing and we are not able to locate one. The gasket is installed on the frame of the stove sandwiched between 2 pieces of metal up to the rope, not in a grove in the door. Does anyone have any idea where we could locate one? Original book only give a part # 7723J no size.

Thank you for any ideas you can provide.
dbcgrand

dbcgrand said:
We purchased the stove from a friend 25 or so years ago. After many years of use the gasket needs replacing and we are not able to locate one. The gasket is installed on the frame of the stove sandwiched between 2 pieces of metal up to the rope, not in a grove in the door. Does anyone have any idea where we could locate one? Original book only give a part # 7723J no size.

Thank you for any ideas you can provide.
dbcgrand

Which gasket do you need. As I remember, some had a tadpole gasket that was mounted on the door frame- and none on the doors except between the glass....

We always had problems with the glass on that stove. The inner pane is high temp and the outer pane is tempered, so don't switch 'em.

You can definitely find something generic to do this, but be more specific - do you need for the glass or for the frame of the stove. I think the originals has a flat piece that might have acted as a little of both....

So is the door sealing gasket on the door? or on the stove (door frame that door hits).

We do not need the gasket that is between the glass in the doors. The gasket we are looking for is on the stove (where the door seats to the stove)

I will try to get a picture

Status
Not open for further replies.