Connecting dsp double wall pipe to a jotul f600

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RAD418

Mar 17, 2014
middle Tn.
Hello first time poster but I have been reading and learning from this site for a couple years. I have a new jotul f600 and I am trying to connect Selkirk dsp double wall pipe to the stove. I have the universal stove adapter but because the cast iron outlet is angled in the front the adapter doesn't seem to push down far enough. My question is what is the best way to connect this to the stove. Thank you
Ray

Did you try to connect a section of DSP without using the adapter?
I've seen this done on the Jotul models with success - i.e. - No leaks.
The inner section will slide into the flue collar & the outer will seal against the tapered OD of the flue collar.

Due to the flared flue outlets of Jotuls, a stove adaptor (6SA) DSP part no. is what is needed. Its flared a bit to allow it to come down onto the flue connector. Some folks have trimmed up the outer shield wall to let the inner sleeve go farther inside the flue connector and bring the outer shield down to the top of the flue connector.

Thank you DAKSY for your reply, I tried to fit the dsp without the adapter but the outside sleeve would not go over the cast flue collar. Stovelark, I have the stove adapter but the outer sleeve hits the flare in the front . I wondered about trimming the front of the adapter but didn't know if I should. I did find in an older thread about a jotul f3cb that Selkirk makes a flush stove adapter where the inner sleeve is quite a bit longer than the outer sleeve they said it works for the f600.thank you both for the advice.
Ray

Reactions: stovelark and DAKSY
Hi Rad- I have trimmed just the front portion of the 6SA flare myself, its fine as long as comes all the way down onto the flue connector. Haven't heard of people using the 3CB's adaptor to connect DSP, but I see how it would work, it would extend out of the flue connector about 1.5 inches (its total depth is about 4 inches), so it would work, good thought too...learned another way of doing something. Good luck with your new firelight. That looks like blue black, my favorite enamel finish.

Thank you Stovelark, I think I am going to try the flush stove adapter. I will let you know how it works out. This is actually my second f600 in blue black enamel . We had one when we lived in Michigan and loved it but I have always used single wall pipe. Thanks again for the reply.
Ray

Hi Ray- Yes ex Oslo Blue Black enamel owner here. I sell a lot of Jotuls, blue black is my favorite color. I went back to a simple to use steel stove, but still love the side loading Jotuls. Take care.

Reactions: RAD418
Status
Not open for further replies.