considering purchasing older Lopi Berkshire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mamalissa

Oct 16, 2021
Waverly, Ohio
I am looking at a Lopi Berkshire, manufactured Nov 2002. It appears to be in really good condition, barely used per the seller. Is anyone familiar enough to tell me what disadvantages this may have over a new model, other than front only glass. It is noted to have the Ember-fyre system, but I'm not sure what changes with that or other functional parts may have changed. It is set up for NG and they don't have the LP conversion kit, so I'd have to find that. Should that be readily available from a dealer or elsewhere? The asking price is $1850, which seems high considering the age - Current version though runs $4 to 5K new per my research. Any thoughts appreciated!

While I am not familiar with the particular model you are looking
to purchase, a little research found the owner's manual for that unit.
It lists both the LP Conversion parts list & the conversion procedure.
To find those parts, contact your Lopi Dealer.
If the dealer does not have access to them, let us know.
There are other sources out there, & many of the fuel
conversion parts are used across the industry.

I am looking at a Lopi Berkshire, manufactured Nov 2002. It appears to be in really good condition, barely used per the seller. Is anyone familiar enough to tell me what disadvantages this may have over a new model, other than front only glass. It is noted to have the Ember-fyre system, but I'm not sure what changes with that or other functional parts may have changed. It is set up for NG and they don't have the LP conversion kit, so I'd have to find that. Should that be readily available from a dealer or elsewhere? The asking price is $1850, which seems high considering the age - Current version though runs $4 to 5K new per my research. Any thoughts appreciated!
I just bought a propane Berkshire and am looking for the natural gas conversion kit.