Considering Regency GF 40 Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

gfc

Aug 6, 2021
NH
After two winters in NH with electric heat, ready for a pellet stove. House is duplex, two stories, a bit over 1200 square feet and room it would go in is 16' by 16'. Heat would blow directly across living room to stairwell, not sure how much heat will rise to second floor. Looking at the Regency GF 40 as it is small and fits well. My question: is this stove adequate for the job? Plenty of pellet stoves at home depot and online that are cheaper, but long term think it would be better to have some connection with a local stove store.

The Regency is the second line Enviro You may find the gf40 too small
to keep you warm in really cold weather. It all depends on how tight your home is.
It is rated at 30 Thousand BTU. Most people have found a little bigger stove
will heat their home on a lower setting but still have room for more heat if needed
But do buy a good quality stove easier to find parts and service.
Just my nickel's worth.
Welcome to the forum

The Regency is the second line Enviro You may find the gf40 too small
to keep you warm in really cold weather. It all depends on how tight your home is.
It is rated at 30 Thousand BTU. Most people have found a little bigger stove
will heat their home on a lower setting but still have room for more heat if needed
But do buy a good quality stove easier to find parts and service.
Just my nickel's worth.
Welcome to the forum
Went with the Harman P43. Was installed today, though it won't see much use until late Oct/early Nov. Starting with some local soft pellets (wood and sons from Maine).

Pictures or it didn't happen:)
Good stove good luck

Reactions: SidecarFlip