Control Valve inlet and Hose

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nathan125

Nov 18, 2013
idaho
My new to me splitter is has a 5in cylinder and I added a 16 gpm pump, think before it was like 11 or 13, used what i have.
My question is this: I noticed the inlet hose on the control valve is small, 3/8" but the fitting to the valve is 3/4". How much flow/cycle time am I losing roughly. Is it worth having a new hose (3/4") put on.... or is it a minimal difference to the speed of the cylinder.
I know 16 gpm isnt going to make it haul ass but it doesnt seem much faster with the new, bigger pump....

I will switch the hose out, lucked out and found one for a reasonable price. NAPA wanted $120 to do a hose. Lucky I got one for $32