Convert back to Manual control from Remote?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TheDude88

May 15, 2020
seattle
Hello, new to the forum. I have an older Patio Fireplace and looking to get it back to working order. It is a vent less propane for outdoor use. The tile facade has crumbled due to weather and some of the electronics look past repair. I no longer have the remote controller and not sure if the electrical circuitry would even work if I found it. I cannot find a Model or Make of the fireplace itself but have attached pics of the controls/valve. Is there anyway to convert this to a Manual fireplace with a flame control knob and keep it simple? Simply looking to get it working again and don't need convenience of remote. I would be happy to even have to manually light it each time vs buying a new fireplace. I am very handy but this is my first crack at a gas fireplace. thumbnail_IMG_0644.jpgthumbnail_IMG_0643.jpgthumbnail_IMG_0642.jpgthumbnail_IMG_0641.jpg

What you have looks pretty beat.
If you want to repair or replace that Dexen valve,
module & controller, it might not be worth it...
This looks similar to what you have.