Cool update to the forum

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it gets much faster, been here a long time but it is now like my old 14K dialup basically unusable, Bummer...

gg

yep....VERY S L O W for me too.

I think it is getting slower.... i just got an error when entering the wood shed saying there were too many connections and it would not let me in. Is there any way to go back to the old format or to keep the speed and functionality? It takes at least 30 seconds to load a page, sometimes a minute. I have high speed DSL if it matters.

I'm having a hell of a time getting anything to load. Took me forever just to log in. I like change, but this is a major overhaul. Going to take me a bit to figure out.

Sorry for slowness. Need host to provide a few things. They are not as responsive on weekends. Couple things we just need time to reinstall. It will get better.
This update shouldn't of been done on the weekend if they weren't going to be available.

Yikes bring back the old site. The white everywhere is overpowering. Hard to see the links and just darn
hard on the eyes.

Reactions: STIHLY DAN and zig
It actually hurts my eyes to look at....too much white and light gray. Sorry.

I like it!

I have to log in every time I come back, on my iPad anyway, even though I check the stay logged in box. Anybody else? And the update was done Fri night at 11 Central IIRC according to the banner at the top of the forum last week. I'm sure they will work out the bugs. One other thing I miss is the ability to click on sub forums from the bottom of the page instead of scrolling back to the top.

Safari

---

Chrome too.
again
8:24 PM

el capitan
new digs must be fun - not

Last edited:
Safari. Didn't do it this time however
Edit: thanks for bringing the locations back!

Last edited:
on my windows phone it won't let me check my alerts. It says I have 4 of them, but when I click on it to look at them it doesn't do anything.

Edit: It works for me when I use default view.

on my windows phone it won't let me check my alerts. It says I have 4 of them, but when I click on it to look at them it doesn't do anything.

Edit: It works for me when I use default view.
Hard to tell. I am on iPhone right now and just checked 3 alerts. Os version?

Round avatars cut content from square images. If it will remain round, I will get a round formatted camera and shoot a new image. If it changes back to square avatars, I will leave the present image.

How is it that photographs adopted a square or rectangular shape rather that round? Pinhole camera (round), interchangeable lenses (round), and fixed lenses (round). All use a round aperture and yet we get boxed images. Square peg in round hole or egg first?

Stay warm.

multiple pieces of rectangular film on a long roll was convenient for exposing to light
modern sensors are mostly rectangular

Reactions: Wisneaky
Round avatars cut content from square images. If it will remain round, I will get a round formatted camera and shoot a new image. If it changes back to square avatars, I will leave the present image.

How is it that photographs adopted a square or rectangular shape rather that round? Pinhole camera (round), interchangeable lenses (round), and fixed lenses (round). All use a round aperture and yet we get boxed images. Square peg in round hole or egg first?

Stay warm.
Camera sensors are square and or rectangular that is the reason for the square or rectangular images.

My avatar went back to the last one I had. I'm a seasonal guy, had my "Touchdown Jesus" Notre Dame avatar, next will be Flyers, etc. I'll have to work on that when I have a few minutes as the new format didn't like my last avatar

Reactions: Paulywalnut
Hang in there guys. It takes a bit to knock down the gremlins as they show up. Webfish did a fine job on the move but not everything for every situation can be accounted for. If you have a legitimate issue, please make him aware of it (can't fix something if you don't know its broke), but I think he deserves a hand for a pretty smooth transition. Now it comes time for the tweaks and I can assure you he will be working on it to make it as friendly as possible.

(I am a 20+ year IT dude, so I can relate to what Webfish is going through right now).

Moving this to suggestions forum.

I like the look and the responsiveness for mobile, but yeah. It's slower. Looking forward to you guys sorting that out. Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.