Cord and rope organizer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Would you use one?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anradhn39

Feb 13, 2016
NY Upstate
This is a neat product, has anyone seen these?http://originalcordsleeve.com/

Clever, but expensive for what it is. I suspect I'd misplace it frequently. Might be handy for shorter cords that always get completely unspooled, but no good if you want to unroll only a fraction of a long cord.

Those reels are awesome. I have a couple of them with long cords on them, xmas light strings for the yard, even have one with 100' of 1/4" poly rope for the 15 lb river anchor for the boat.

I coil my lines and cords in large loops. I would never coil on a roll or such a small loop with the exception of Christmas lights. Even my double stranded dock lines are hanging 2 feet or a little more..

Reactions: Lone_Gun
I came across a way to coil long cords like 100 ft extension cords in a way that does not cause them to tangle when you want to uncoil them. The trick is to hang the first end down 1-2 feet lower than the bottom of the loops. Then when you get to the end of the coiling, hang the last end down a similar amount.

What that does is it prevents the ends from slipping in between the coils, which is what causes them to tangle when uncoiling. Letting the ends hang down well beyond the loops, and running a piece of tape around the top of the loops gives you a well organized package, which you can then hang up on a nail.

Unfortunately those reels don't work well for my needs. The cordsleeve is nice for keeping my cords ,straps, and corded tools tamed while stored in the jobox on construction sites. It saves space and protective too. I bought mine at Haun Welding supply. We had a few reels and they kept getting broken, but I imagine they're great for home use. I like the extra large size cordsleeve for welding cable.

double sided velcro.

Status
Not open for further replies.