Corner hearth question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sheeshshe

May 29, 2016
Maine
I'm trying to build a hearth and due to the dimensions, it is huge and taking up almost 1/4 only living room. is there a reason why the side corners of the hearth has to stick way out, or can the side corners be chopped off at all? picture of what it now currently looking like and a picture of what I'm referring to when I mean by
IMAG1089.jpg IMAG1093.jpg chopping off the side corners.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on the stove that might work as long as the hearth meets minimum requirements. What stove is the for?

The manual has this information on page 7. It looks like the minimum dimension is 38" wide by 46" deep. Recommended width 48". You could extend that width into the angle of the corner.
Screen Shot 2016-11-08 at 5.42.25 PM.png

They have a corner install picture somewhere and yeah you can chop the corners off if I remember correctly. Save the trouble and call them. They are great to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.