Cottage Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ruthmccormick

Jan 12, 2015
Massachusetts
I'm looking for information on a Taiwanese copy of an antique wood/coal stove by the name of Cottage Stove. It was bought at Aubuchon Hardware in Massachusetts around 1978. I would like to install it for an emergency heat source using coal. However, codes are far stricter now and I don't have any information on the stove. It had never been used, stored in a barn for 35 year. The mice chewed the instruction sheet. Does anyone have information about it? Yes, I've read the threads knocking these Taiwanese stoves, but I won't be using it for primary heat. I haven't gotten anywhere looking up stoves such as Scandia. Attached is a picture of the stove.

Attachments

• Cottage Stove.jpg
    Cottage Stove.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,580
Did you check with the people at Good Times Stoves where you got the picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.