Could a bad Convection blower cause the auger not to work properly?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I only have one thing that looks like a switch, and the manual says it is a snap disk. I do not see anything else. I tested the snap disk earlier. Everything works when I jump this, except the fan.

I just checked to make sure the stove has turned off and the fan is on???? But it was after I turned it off to cool down. So it seems the fan does not know when to turn on when the stove is hot???

Do you have a voltmeter?
Yes. I have a voltmeter. Just bought one Sorry for not knowing. When you ask about how many fuses. Do you mean how many things are plugged in? Attaching a pic. Thank you for your patience.

Attachments

• E2650200-DB7A-429D-AB7E-5501B9F40105.jpeg
    E2650200-DB7A-429D-AB7E-5501B9F40105.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 75
When did the fan stop working?
I first noticed the auger not dropping pellets. So I cleaned etc. They had me test the vacuum switch, in the process the auger is working. It is now just the fan that won’t turn on when it gets hot. When I turned it off after testing( just a bit ago) the fan did turn on to cool down.

I first noticed the auger not dropping pellets. So I cleaned etc. They had me test the vacuum switch, in the process the auger is working. It is now just the fan that won’t turn on when it gets hot. When I turned it off after testing( just a bit ago) the fan did turn on to cool down.
It sounds like a control panel issue. You could run it directly to power until you get it resolved.