Country Comfort Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cold Cat

Dec 15, 2013
Fombell Pa
Can anyone tell me about this insert? I know it's a Country Comfort. Is it worth the trouble or should I take a pass on it.
Thanks
00u0u_k3S4vFdJ1OL_600x450.jpg

01111_6zo7OroHHrx_600x450.jpg

condition: good

Good looking fireplace insert for home or garage. Heavy duty steel with ornamental door handles and trim work. Call or text with reasonable offers dimensions are 4' 1" total width 25" total depth 22" total height burner area is 29 wide x 14 deep

Maybe it's just the pic, but the thing looks huge . . . as in huge enough to go into business doing cremations. ;)

Looks to be in good condition, I do believe that model has a cat in it, you would want to inspect it to see if that is still good and make sure the steel is not warped and there are no cracks.

For more info on this insert see this thread: https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/country-comfort-maintenance.115672/

He ended up getting a newer stove,one of the problems is those rectangle exhausts, notice in the picture above how they have that covered :) Trying to convert those to a round 8" liner takes a special adapter that is a pain to find or you have to get a rectangle to round boot.

I would let this one go and find something newer with a 6" round exhaust that will make it easier to hook up a full liner to.

Looks to be in good condition, I do believe that model has a cat in it, you would want to inspect it to see if that is still good and make sure the steel is not warped and there are no cracks.

For more info on this insert see this thread: https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/country-comfort-maintenance.115672/

He ended up getting a newer stove,one of the problems is those rectangle exhausts, notice in the picture above how they have that covered :) Trying to convert those to a round 8" liner takes a special adapter that is a pain to find or you have to get a rectangle to round boot.

I would let this one go and find something newer with a 6" round exhaust that will make it easier to hook up a full liner to.[/quote

Thanks for the info, I liked the look of this insert but there's a lot more to these things than looks. $200 bucks made it worth considering tho.

Thanks for the info, I liked the look of it but theres a lot more to these stoves than looks. The $200 price made it worth looking into tho

If that was a country comfort 300, it does not have a cat. I paid 300.00 for one in rougher shape , I was lucky to have the oval adapter on top of stove. So I bought a oval to round adapter. Haven't finished the redo yet... I am excited to see how it works out.

If that was a country comfort 300, it does not have a cat. I paid 300.00 for one in rougher shape , I was lucky to have the oval adapter on top of stove. So I bought a oval to round adapter. Haven't finished the redo yet... I am excited to see how it works out.

I'm gonna go check it out just to see what it is. The guy said its all there and in nice shape, for $200 I'm not sure what to do. Im not in the position to spend a few grand on one.

I want to install a thermometer on my cc300. Where can I install one for the best reading. Reason is I want to monitor how hot the stove gets for wood conservation

Status
Not open for further replies.