Country Flame help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ahle926

Jan 22, 2023
Missouri
Greetings
I just purchased a home and it came wit this country flame insert. I've tried searching the forums and web to identify it but can't find anything that matches. Any help would be appreciated.

20230112_144738.jpg 20230112_144741.jpg 20230122_140451.jpg VideoCapture_20230122-140801.jpg 20230122_140242.jpg 20230122_140235.jpg

I bet these guys can get you contact info for the company.

Reactions: ahle926
Looks like it might be a Country Flame O2. Is there a catalytic converter in it? If so, that little plug to the left of the bypass handle is the port for the cat thermometer.

Looks like it might be a Country Flame O2. Is there a catalytic converter in it? If so, that little plug to the left of the bypass handle is the port for the cat thermometer.
I'm not sure. How do I tell if there is one or not? Also, is it safe to operate this without it being plugged in? I guess the previous owners just ran an extension cord because there is not an outlet within reach. We have a 2 year old and don't want a cord running along the floor from the wall about 10 feet away.

I'm not sure. How do I tell if there is one or not? Also, is it safe to operate this without it being plugged in? I guess the previous owners just ran an extension cord because there is not an outlet within reach. We have a 2 year old and don't want a cord running along the floor from the wall about 10 feet away.
We can not tell about it's readiness to burn from the internet. In the least, the flue should be cleaned and inspected first by a certified professional sweep. This is to determine whether the flue system is safe and ready to burn. Then the stove needs to be checked out. The manual I have may or may not be correct for your stove. According to it, the four bolts in the last shot need to be undone to uncover the catalyst for inspection and cleaning. Start there.