Couple questions about Breckwell Big E.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sandman460

Apr 30, 2008
SE Nebraska
I have a couple questions about my Breckwell Big E, can you other owners please help me out?

1) I'm thinking of putting my Big E in the living room, where we spend most of our time. The LR is 16' x 14', will the Big E cook us out? My wife loves staying warm in the wintertime, so if it's extra warm in the LR that's probably a good thing. There is a large, open doorway (7-1/2 feet wide) between the living room and rest of the main floor, so I don't think moving air will be an issue. Your thoughts?

2) How noisy is the Big E? I'm thinking it would probably run on the middle settings (2, 3, 4) most of the time. Will we be able to watch TV at a reasonable volume? The TV might sit near the stove.

Part of my reason for putting it in the living room is ease of installation, plus that's where we spend most of our time. The main floor is an open plan, about 1200 sq feet, with open stairway for the heat to migrate upstairs. I'm not looking to heat the entire house with this stove, just take the edge off the cold.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance,
Pat

The answer to the first question is yes you can if you use the right setting. I ran mine on manual #3 and got my first floor [700-900 SQFT open floor plan ] to about 95 in the room the stove sits in , and the rest of the house to about 85-88 . I'll never run it on manual again , way way to much heat. It also ate up a lot of pellets. I run mine on the High /low setting with a programable stat, the high is on 3 and the low on 1. This conserves pellets and helps to regulate the heat better, I also use ceiling fans to blow the heat around.

It is loud , not going to try and suger coat it for you, you will have to turn up the volune to hear the tv.Maybe the newer units are quieter then mine , but mine is loud.

I love mine , the only thing I would change with mine would be quieter motors , other then that its great.

Thanks for the reply, that does help a lot.

Are there any other stove owners out there that can help me? Not just Breckwell owners?

Thanks in advance,
Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.