Courtier stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bengiebon

Nov 23, 2020
Limerick ireland
Hi all, I have this stove in my garage for over forty years ,it has never been used ,it's still in very good condition,I'm thinking of selling it and wondering what price should I put on it .Appricate any help.
IMG_20201119_155958.jpg

This is going to depend on your local market. If you can find someone looking for one in order to match their decor, it could go for a pretty penny. About 4 yrs ago someone from Ireland posted that they paid £600 for one at an architectural salvage yard. That one was in good condition but used.

This is going to depend on your local market. If you can find someone looking for one in order to match their decor, it could go for a pretty penny. About 4 yrs ago someone from Ireland posted that they paid £600 for one at an architectural salvage yard. That one was in good condition but used.
Hi begreen forgot to ask do you know why or is there a particular reason for the doors having glass strips as opposed to full glass?

It looks like a coal stove so the small pieces of glass could be to let some air in from above the fire, or maybe the technology for borosilicate glass didn't allow for large affordable pieces at the time of manufacture. Didn't even notice that until you mentioned it.

Reactions: Bengiebon