Cover Your Firewood Long Island

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We just had an unusual stretch of warm,sunny days with very low humidity. I scrambled to get my woodshed project done but just could not make it working by myself and now the rain is here so this year's early wood stacks are covered for hopefully the last time. Really hoping that by this time next week I have most of this year's wood stacked in the shed. It's up to mother nature to give me one more decent dry spell.

BrotherBart said:
Oh heck. Couple of days of sun and wind and it'll be OK. :coolsmirk:

Thanks BB. That's good to hear. I have few days worth of wood in my garage and in a deck box in the back, so I'm not super concerned.

BrotherBart said:
Oh heck. Couple of days of sun and wind and it'll be OK. :coolsmirk:

No doubt. Got almost 5 cords in the shed and some covered stacks... but I'm leaving the shoulder season wood out in the elements. I cant be bothered moving any more firewood if I dont HAVE to. 2 or 3 days after the rain ends it'll be dry again.

Bumping this in honor of the crappy forecast for tomorrow.

gabe

Fod01 said:
Bumping this in honor of the crappy forecast for tomorrow.

gabe

Mine's covered, most of it.

I had uncovered during the week to take advantage of the winds we had, then Murph & I got 'em covered again between yesterday and this morning.

Going down to 40F or less here Saturday night. I'm ready ;-)

Sun and wind are just words in the dictionary here. Well, sun is. The wind only blows during thunderstorms. Over the years I have left a 1/8 cord oak stack just sitting uncovered because of these conversations. We had five beautiful rain free days and a lot of breezes. For the heck of it I took some to put in the old stove that I use for a firepit last night. My hands were soaking wet by the time I walked the twenty feet to the stove.

There are just certain places on this earth where ya don't leave firewood uncovered. Well, if you ever want to burn it that is. We are surrounded by tall trees and get more annual rainfall than Seattle does. And we are twenty inches ahead this year.

Envy you sun and wind guys. The weather guy said last Tuesday was our first cloud free day since November 10, 2010.

BrotherBart said:
Sun and wind are just words in the dictionary here. Well, sun is. The wind only blows during thunderstorms. Over the years I have left a 1/8 cord oak stack just sitting uncovered because of these conversations. We had five beautiful rain free days and a lot of breezes. For the heck of it I took some to put in the old stove that I use for a firepit last night. My hands were soaking wet by the time I walked the twenty feet to the stove.

There are just certain places on this earth where ya don't leave firewood uncovered. Well, if you ever want to burn it that is. We are surrounded by tall trees and get more annual rainfall than Seattle does. And we are twenty inches ahead this year.

Envy you sun and wind guys. The weather guy said last Tuesday was our first cloud free day since November 10, 2010.

November 2010!!! Holy crap that sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.