Covid scare

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an update …..
All the family is doing much better . My nephews wife Amanda is still recovering but doing much much better . She’s in her 30’s and had it worse than anyone . Yes the whole family got the shots as soon as it was allowed here in Mid Mi back in early spring .
We are very thankful that nobody was hospitalized. It’s scary to think what could have happened had we not been vaccinated.

Although there’s now way to prove the covid was spread at my Uncle’s funeral it certainly seems that way .
Thank you all for not letting this get political and go down the toilet .

A friend's parents in their 80's passed within a week of each other, just within the past week. They were both vaccinated, but didn't wear masks in the grocery store, went out to eat, etc.

Had my 2nd shot the end of June. They are requiring a 6 month waiting period between the 2nd shot and the booster up here, so I have to wait until the end of this month to get my booster. It will happen ASAP.

Last edited:
A friend's parents in their 80's passed within a week of each other, just within the past week. They were both vaccinated, but didn't wear masks in the grocery store, went out to eat, etc.
Do you know if they got the booster?

Just an update …..
All the family is doing much better . My nephews wife Amanda is still recovering but doing much much better . She’s in her 30’s and had it worse than anyone . Yes the whole family got the shots as soon as it was allowed here in Mid Mi back in early spring .
We are very thankful that nobody was hospitalized. It’s scary to think what could have happened had we not been vaccinated.

Although there’s now way to prove the covid was spread at my Uncle’s funeral it certainly seems that way .
So glad to hear the falmily is doing better ;ex

We got ours about a week before the Omicron announcement. There were tons of opennings for shots. As soon as the news hit all the appointments got filled. I think they are starting to open up again now.

Just an update …..

We're glad your family members are doing better.

Zap

I got my booster just before thanksgiving so I could recover from the effects while I was off work. When I was originally looking for appointments there were tons. Then it was announced that anyone could get the booster and they filled up fast. Had to go to the next town to get one before thanksgiving.

I got my booster just before thanksgiving so I could recover from the effects while I was off work. When I was originally looking for appointments there were tons. Then it was announced that anyone could get the booster and they filled up fast. Had to go to the next town to get one before thanksgiving.

I got my Moderna booster two days before Thanksgiving. Did you have side effects? I had nothing after the first two full doses of Moderna, but the booster gave me a headache and made me tired. I was like that for about 18 hours and then I was back to normal.

I got my Moderna booster two days before Thanksgiving. Did you have side effects? I had nothing after the first two full doses of Moderna, but the booster gave me a headache and made me tired. I was like that for about 18 hours and then I was back to normal.
I had the JJ both times. Both times I had a fever of about 102, chills, headache, insomnia then really tired. Starting about 8 hours after the shot and lasting about a day after the 8 hours. Only difference is first shot I had uncontrollably chattering teeth.

Thought about a Moderna booster but I’ve heard of people having much longer lasting effects and I couldn’t be off work that long. Also seems like the JJ shot has worked since my boss exposed me to Covid in October and I either was protected or got lucky.

Dr Robert Malone.

Unvaccinated people will get the virus, and the virus will mutate in each person. But because each person has their own unique set of immune factors, the potential mutations of the virus will be different in each individual. Then when it attempts to jump to another person, the mutation that it achieved in the first person will come up against a different set of immune factors in subsequent persons. Therefore, a new strain that could spread widely against whole populations is very very unlikely.

Similarly, vaccinated people will get the virus, and the virus will mutate in each person. But the whole population of vaccinated persons all have identical artificial immune factors, specifically one set of proteins on the spike protein which the vaccine produces. Thus, all the vaccinated people who get covid (and it is now well known that the vaccine does not prevent covid infection) will all be a laboratory for the virus to mutate and develop immunity against a single factor. With millions of people being the setting for the virus developing mutations against an identical immune factor, successful mutations and transmission of that successful mutation to others will become common. This being inevitable, the vaccinated population is and will be the breading ground for new variants, in increasing numbers and effectiveness.

So thus, unvaccinated people will be more resistant to the virus than vaccinated, which is what we see worldwide. Every state and country that has a high rate of vaccination, also has the highest rate of covid infection. And every state and country that has a low rate of vaccination has a low rate of virus infection. This will continue indefinitely.

Researcher Distorts Facts on COVID-19 Vaccine Approval, Liability​

In an interview with political strategist Steve Bannon on Aug. 24, Malone misleadingly said that the fully licensed product is not yet available — even though federal officials say the licensed vaccine is the same formulation as, and interchangeable with, the vaccine authorized for emergency use. He then falsely claimed that the vaccine that is available carries with it different liability implications.

Please don’t let this go down the drain . Keep the political stuff out . It was very interesting reading others experience with the vaccine and boosters .

I did get my Moderna booster and flu shot at the same time on Wednesday. Worst part was sleeping with both arms sore as I sleep on my side . Thursday I had no energy but by Friday morning I felt 100% .

I got Pfizer and a Moderna booster. There is another thread where people report how they fared. "I got the vaccine".

Glad your family is on the way back up.

Reactions: wishlist
Appreciate it if the opinions for or against (politics) go away to another place. I do appreciate hearing how people who chose the inoculations, are feeling and what reactions they experienced.

I havnt had a booster yet but with both my shots I had pretty mild flue like symptoms for a day

Reactions: wishlist
"being careful". Wearing an N95 mask is being careful. Anything else is taking your chances. Being related to you doesn't mean you can ignore the mask, as President Biden did with his grandson, leading to a cold.

Appreciate it if the opinions for or against (politics) go away to another place. I do appreciate hearing how people who chose the inoculations, are feeling and what reactions they experienced.
I got Moderna because it was the most available for my first shot and my doctor and pharmacist recommended sticking with it for the booster.

My only reaction was a really soar injection site for about 3 days after each of the three shots. It made it hard to sleep but other than that no other side effects.

Reactions: rottiman
My wife and I got the Pfizer booster a few weeks ago. No reaction. Son gets his Pfizer booster next week. He had a reaction to the 2nd shot, and had flu like symptoms for about 12 hrs, but no reaction to the first shot.

Brother in law who was one of the family members with covid , was told by his Dr to wait 90 days and then get the booster . He said he won’t wait a day later Doc.

Wife is a DON for a major hospital. Idk how she and all the other health care workers are getting thru this . Some of those news clips about burnout ect. you see on tv are absolutely true is what she has seen firsthand . I know I couldn’t be a health care worker .

What people don't realize is that there was a COVID crunch, but while most of us have gotten a reprieve of COVID for quite a while, those in hospitals etc had another crunch right after: all the delayed elective surgeries. It's been a high workload ever since the first COVID wave a year and a half ago (here).

Random thoughts . . .

I wish I had an incentive to get the shots and booster . . . oh wait . . . I did . . . reducing the likelihood of being hospitalized with Covid induced pneumonia.

Co-worker caught Covid pre-vaccine . . . his sense of smell and taste are still not 100%. Had the opportunity to get the shots, but refuses.

Had the booster shot the other day. Almost 8 hours to the minute after getting the shot I began to experience similar symptoms to what I had on the second shot -- felt chilled to the bone, achy joints, tired . . . followed by waking up drenched in sweat. Felt better the next morning -- just like before -- so I went to work. Should have called in sick. In the next few hours I began to feel worse and worse. Ended up going home at noon and crashing into bed. Woke up 4 hours later and felt better.

Wife is a nurse. To be frank she decided to take some time off when Covid first hit and the nurse shortage (already bad before) meant she was in charge of two floors and had to walk up and down two flights of stairs multiple times a shift. Things obviously have not got much better (in nursing). She is just now thinking about going back . . . not that things are any better . . . but they are offering some very tempting pay rates and sign on bonuses. That said . . . I would be happy to see her do what she wants to do, when she wants to do it vs. risking catching Covid or getting completely stressed out working with too few folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.