Covid scare

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just my two cents (for what it's worth)

i also belong to a BBQ forum that is privately owned where your real name is used (if you're honest)...
also, no political, religious, sexual and / or Covid talk is allowed. Other topics as well by his discretion...
Sure sounds censored to me.
However, the site is owned and operated by one man and those are his rules.

It's been around since 1997 and sure, he's dumped a number of folks over the years that threw tantrums & disagree with his rules...
But the rules are rules and the rules are his.

...sometimes it's best to spit with the wind...

Because your wrong in my opinion and lets all get on with life .The politics of all of this--Is a mess----and has divided people all across this nation---even in sickness---some countries even have camps to lock up people who refuse to take this vaccine. How about natural immunity do you ever discuss that with your blah blah blah....clancey
Tell me how well natural immunity would’ve worked without the vaccine then ? Right , YOU DON’T KNOW. Common sense and science says not very well . It’s proven the covid vaccine works as it was designed to do .

I’ve got to ask ……
Where has all this anti vax people been before covid ? Never heard a peep from anyone about mandated vaccines . There are state mandates for school ( public and private ) mandates for college students etc…
It’s political unfortunately we all know that .

I got vaccinated to hopefully keep others like you Clancey from getting covid . I don’t agree with you at all but I also hope your not one of the ones that my wife has to take care of in the hospital struggling to do something so easy as taking a breath . There’s enough unvaccinated patients she’s already trying her best for the last 2 years to help . Unfortunately many of those didn’t get the chance to go home with their family .

I just want to point out some facts:

The national meeting of physicists (covering all areas of physics): 10,000 scientists
The national meeting of chemists (covering all areas of chemistry): 10,000 scientists
The national meeting of chemical engineers (covering all areas): 10,000 scientists and engineers
The national meeting of neuroscientists (trying to understand the brain): 50,000 scientists
The national meeting of immunologists: 100,000 scientists and engineers !!

The immune system is VERY COMPLEX. Given the way science stories are covered by our click-bait obsessed media, trying to explain immune functions and outcomes is HOPELESS.

Did you ever read a journalistic article about something you are an actual expert on? And then see how shockingly simplistic and/or wrong it was?

That is what covid science coverage has been like for actual scientists for the last two years. Hopelessly simplistic and/or wrong.

The actual outcomes (in terms of vaccine protection effects) are slightly better than predicted, but the course of the disease is totally following the historical pattern (like waves, variants and most people 'giving up' after a couple years). The major difference is the reduced death rate this time due to vaccination, which were not made available so rapidly in earlier pandemics. As far as science is concerned, this one is a big 'win', and follows expectations.

Tucker Carlson did a piece on covid. It can be seen here. Just remember if you don’t like what he says attack his viewpoints and not him as a person.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/tucker-carlson-proof-biden-lackeys-media-lying-about-covid

I don't care about his 'viewpoints' and think he is intentionally misleading his audience. Can I say that, or is that attacking him personally?

He personally grew up with a silver spoon, and one of the most elite upbringings imaginable...and now he is a down-home man of the people, complete with a log-cabin set, railing against these mysterious elites? And getting handsomely paid for his little act. Sure he's reliable.

National meeting of chemists are small, in part, because we are a cheap group. Cities didn't want to host the ACS national convention. We aren't spenders. Las Vegas wouldn't host the meeting for years. :)

Because your wrong in my opinion and lets all get on with life .The politics of all of this--Is a mess----and has divided people all across this nation---even in sickness---some countries even have camps to lock up people who refuse to take this vaccine. How about natural immunity do you ever discuss that with your blah blah blah....clancey
This is from historyofvaccines.org

The “Natural Immunity Is Better Than Vaccine-acquired Immunity” Misconception​

Some people argue that the immunity gained from surviving a natural infection provides better protection than that provided by vaccines. While it’s true that natural immunity lasts longer in some cases than vaccine-induced immunity can, the risks of natural infection outweigh the risks of immunization for every recommended vaccine.

For example, wild measles infection causes encephalitis (inflammation of the brain) for one in 1,000 infected individuals, and, for every 1,000 reported measles cases, two individuals die. The combination MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) vaccine, however, results in encephalitis or a severe allergic reaction only once in every million vaccinated individuals, while preventing measles infection. The benefits of vaccine-acquired immunity extraordinarily outweigh the serious risks of natural infection, even in cases where boosters are required to maintain immunity.

Additionally, the Hib (Haemophilus Influenzae type b) and tetanus vaccines actually provide more effective immunity than natural infection.

Reactions: woodgeek
Tell me how well natural immunity would’ve worked without the vaccine then ? Right , YOU DON’T KNOW. Common sense and science says not very well . It’s proven the covid vaccine works as it was designed to do .

I’ve got to ask ……
Where has all this anti vax people been before covid ? Never heard a peep from anyone about mandated vaccines . There are state mandates for school ( public and private ) mandates for college students etc…
It’s political unfortunately we all know that .

I got vaccinated to hopefully keep others like you Clancey from getting covid . I don’t agree with you at all but I also hope your not one of the ones that my wife has to take care of in the hospital struggling to do something so easy as taking a breath . There’s enough unvaccinated patients she’s already trying her best for the last 2 years to help . Unfortunately many of those didn’t get the chance to go home with their family .
Not much accurate in this post. Have your wife read RFK Jrs book, then please tell us what she thinks. Love to hear it.

National meeting of chemists are small, in part, because we are a cheap group. Cities didn't want to host the ACS national convention. We aren't spenders. Las Vegas wouldn't host the meeting for years. :)

The same for the APS meeting (my go to March venue). Didn't gamble enough so the cheap hotel rates (ahem, relatively cheap...) made them loose $$. Never been back there...

Reactions: PaulOinMA
Nope. Not debating, sorry. Read the book, even the first 100 pages then we can discuss it.
Your opinions are valid based on the misinformation you’ve been given by the msm and the medical establishment. Too many people are arguing who haven’t been exposed to other facts. By design.
You made the statement there was not much accurate in this post and you won't even explain? hmmm ok I was not looking for a debate just some clarification. You are not making any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.