Cracked fire brick on Harman P38

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

m159267

Burning Hunk
Mar 12, 2009
East-Central MO
Just went to clean the stove and there it was. Obviously a result of my last burn several days ago. There was no indication of a crack prior to this. Stove is about 6 years old. Is there a problem burning with a crack of that size? I realize the brick will have to be replaced but is it usable until then? If anyone has replaced a brick how much of a job is it? Appreciate your time...

Attachments

• P1050484.JPG
    P1050484.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 258
Looks like regular fire brick. I had a bunch of cracked ones in a wood stove I had and it was no problem. Seems like you are missing a few there. They only cost above five bucks per. I would burn with it cracked if it was my stove.

The brick are set into a channel that is snug but not real tight. Very easy to replace. Brick are there to help keep the rear hopper from getting to hot. I wouldn't fire it full bore. Local Menards had them for reasonable price.

Status
Not open for further replies.