Craft Wood Stove running through wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jabeall

Dec 13, 2018
Cleveland County , NC
I got an craft wood stove from my cousin and I've had it for about a month. I am BURNING through would like no other. If I put 4/5 pieces of split wood 4in thick, Itll burn through it in about an hour. Should this be happening? I am closing the bottom dampers about 90-95% of the way and closing the top damper( the rod that pulls out and controls the vent to the flue to the point where its almost closed as well. What am I doing wrong? I'm not sure of the model, the chimney exhaust exits the stove through a triangle duct like the one pictured below. Can anyone give me insight on these?

Attachments

• stove.jpg
    stove.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 332
I got an craft wood stove from my cousin and I've had it for about a month. I am BURNING through would like no other. If I put 4/5 pieces of split wood 4in thick, Itll burn through it in about an hour. Should this be happening? I am closing the bottom dampers about 90-95% of the way and closing the top damper( the rod that pulls out and controls the vent to the flue to the point where its almost closed as well. What am I doing wrong? I'm not sure of the model, the chimney exhaust exits the stove through a triangle duct like the one pictured below. Can anyone give me insight on these?
An old stove like that is going to be a wood hog. What temperatures are you running at on the pipe and on the stove? What species of wood are you using? Are you filling the stove up? Are you burning on the floor of the stove?

I am desperately looking for a Craft Stove owner who would be able to take a picture of the back UL plate showing the clearances that were the industry standard for the stove. Any chance that your stove still has the this and that you would be willing to send me a picture of it....please

I am desperately looking for a Craft Stove owner who would be able to take a picture of the back UL plate showing the clearances that were the industry standard for the stove. Any chance that your stove still has the this and that you would be willing to send me a picture of it....please
If your stove doesn't have a ul tag it is an unlisted stove and you need to go with the default clearances of 36" all around it and 18" to the pipe. These can be reduced by 2/3 with a properly constructed ventilated heat sheild.