Craftsman brand log splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason762

Feb 14, 2006
Newtown, CT
One more question about log splitters. Does anyone have any reviews or experience with the Sear's Craftsman 27 ton log splitter. It comes with a 6.5 HP Briggs engine. They are on sale now for $1000 new (regular price $1300). I split about 10 cords a year, nothing too crazy. Hoping this will be able to handle that workload.

Oh, and I forgot to attempt to answer your question concerning the specs and your requirements. I bought the 22 ton model that Harbor Freight Tools sells and in the 4 months since I've owned it it has split over 20 full cords with no problem. (And it has split some very large, knarly rounds.)

MarkG

when is the best time to buy a splitter? do the big box stores ever offer 50% on them at end of season sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.