Craigslist Accentra near Minneapolis $500!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang, that looks nice from the outside and what little of the inside can be seen. I can't believe no on has jumped on it. If I needed an insert and lived even remotely close to being in the area, I would be all over that. Of course, nothing says people haven't stopped to look, but made him plug it in and nothing happened.

If it wasn't a five hour drive, I would be hitting the road. No place for an insert here though...

Reactions: bogieb
If it wasn't a five hour drive, I would be hitting the road. No place for an insert here though...

Think of it as a 5 hour adventure...then a minimum of $2K profit when you flip it.

Edit: 20 hour drive for me...could still be profitable though. Hmmm...got a friend in Chicago that I've not seen in a few years. Too bad Hot Doug's is closed up.

I am 40 minutes. Worth it? If I have time maybe I will go look.

She looks pretty clean from the photo. Should be able to run the diagnostics if they'll plug her in. I would say yes ... Harmans are between 1500 - 3000 on other ads. You could spend $400 for the beat up and uncleaned Quad classic bay insert!

I am 40 minutes. Worth it? If I have time maybe I will go look.

If you've got a strong back and a vehicle to load it into....hell yeah.

Like Lake Girl said, have them plug it in. If it goes thru its self-testing and doesn't throw any codes (blinking lights), then definitely worth it. Check what its born-on date is (there should be a metal tag on the back of the stove - however, as long as it has auto-light, I wouldn't worry about that too much. And since it has been pulled and you have easy access to the inside and back, you'll be able to tell if there is killer rust.

Only thing is, I can't for the life of me figure out why a used stove dealer/refurbisher hasn't jumped on the deal.

Like Lake Girl said, have them plug it in. If it goes thru its self-testing and doesn't throw any codes (blinking lights), then definitely worth it. Check what its born-on date is (there should be a metal tag on the back of the stove - however, as long as it has auto-light, I wouldn't worry about that too much. And since it has been pulled and you have easy access to the inside and back, you'll be able to tell if there is killer rust.

Only thing is, I can't for the life of me figure out why a used stove dealer/refurbisher hasn't jumped on the deal.
If it sounds too good to be true.....

In my area, sometimes folks have money to pitch. Son rescued a complete Cushman bedroom set (1960s maple) from the burn pile because the guy wanted a bigger bed. Once we got it home, looked to find the value ... $2500-$3000. Takes all kinds...

Love mine someone should jump on it.

If they can't sell it for 500 I would be hesitant to buy it and expect to sell it for profit. I know around me stoves are not moving on Craigslist.

I'm betting once the election cycle is over the interest rates and oil prices are going to go up...spending a bit of $$$ now on a Harman that is in working condition I would call that an investment. For $500 if I were close I'd pick it up and squirrel it away if I was unable to sell it at a reason profit immediately.

Think of it as the gift that keeps on giving...they may pay you to install it, then a yearly cleaning fee. Think retirement. Think Costa Rica.

Wait, you couldn't do Costa Rica. You'd need to be near the stoves dammit.

Status
Not open for further replies.