Craigslist Find For SpeeCo Log Splitter, Should I Go Get It?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, the joys of craigslist. You can find an occasional gem, but most of what you find are useless rocks.....

Yup, the thing that makes me wonder though is why people would describe something differently from what it entirely is; I mean it isn't like some internet site where you wouldn't see the item that you are actually purchasing prior to it arriving at your door!

I'm pretty sure with this specific splitter the I Beam was what was bending with bigger logs. In other words the slightly outward slant of the base and blade that I thought I saw was probably just an illusion when they were separated by the full opening of the stroke; when they were side by side they seemed much straighter. So I think that with the much larger logs that I would have worked on here at home that bending would be worse yet. I don't know how "jumpy" a bending beam would make a 28" round of Elm act but the last thing I need is a large log shooting straight up into the air and falling down from upper atmosphere! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.