Craigslist laugh of the day.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
You know, I thought that might be the case, but couldn’t tell. Sorry for being so slow. ;-)
I'm sorry, Ashful. I should have not reacted the way I did.
@Mods- I'm sorry for hijacking the thread. Feel free to delete my posts to keep the thread focused.

No problem, really! Sorry for ruining your joke. ;-)

So $200 a cord for green. I give them credit for persistence. The ad's been up 28 days. rounds
Screenshot_20171210-210811.jpg

Reactions: VirginiaIron
https://richmond.craigslist.org/grd/d/3-point-danuser-log-splitter/6409467179.html

I reckon, with the recent influx of $799 splitters this is not a good deal.

I think everyone is missing the real value of this deal. It’s the fact that you only have to handle the wood once! Split, and immediately stack on the pallet! Perfect for the guy burning an 1/8 of a cord a year in his fireplace!
(And yes, this is sarcasm!)[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think everyone is missing the real value of this deal. It’s the fact that you only have to handle the wood once! Split, and immediately stack on the pallet! Perfect for the guy burning an 1/8 of a cord a year in his fireplace!
(And yes, this is sarcasm!)[emoji16]

There was a similar one for 300 that I seriously thought about before the 799 model. Then, as fate would have it I dragged my feet and the prices went up. Now, I wait patiently for the Christmas sale where I will scoop one up and make some mods to it.

Reactions: saewoody
After you spend an entire weekend working up an old knotty oak tree that's been laying on the ground for a year and a half and buying new chains from cutting through dirt and nails and who knows what else, you can earn the privilege of buying this guy wood pellets or maybe even installing a new toilet for him in his house!

https://albany.craigslist.org/for/d/oak-firewood/6409440447.html

So he wants you to clean up his yard, mount his Tires, and fix his toilet, bring him some gravel, and in return you get all this glorious firewood. Or you could look at it as getting two cords of firewood for the price of one. For $225 all you need to do is cut it to length, haul it, split it, and stack it. How could anyone pass this up?

Still available after being posted for 2 weeks.
Screenshot_20171230-024351.jpg

Probably works out to a couple hundred bucks per pickup load...for green rounds.

Anybody looking for free “seasoned logs”?
IMG_5886.JPG

I suppose they could have been standing dead. It actually could be a pretty good deal for somebody.

Reactions: D8Chumley
Probably works out to a couple hundred bucks per pickup load...for green rounds.
Whoa. “A couple” implies at least two. Find me a pickup that can hold 40 of those rounds, and I’m interested. Green weight on most maples is around 4000 lb. per cord, not to mention the sheer volumetric problem of fitting 40 of those in one pickup truck.

More realistically, you might fit 10 of them in a pickup truck, so $50 per load.

Whoa. “A couple” implies at least two. Find me a pickup that can hold 40 of those rounds, and I’m interested. Green weight on most maples is around 4000 lb. per cord, not to mention the sheer volumetric problem of fitting 40 of those in one pickup truck.

More realistically, you might fit 10 of them in a pickup truck, so $50 per load.
Bigleaf maple isn't as dense as east coast varieties. And maybe the bargain firewood aficionados have already taken the biggest rounds.

Reactions: Ashful
upload_2018-1-15_11-34-36.png

i'm sure the wood is dry.... you know, just being cut and all.

Reactions: Lone_Gun