Craigslist laugh of the day.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
1 MT = 2000 Lbs. now if you really want to get into it
That is a English short ton
A English long ton is 2,200 LBS
Maybe it is time the USA embraced Metric like
most of the rest of the world

Please smell the sarcasm. The point was to see how the scheister would respond to something utterly preposterous. The conversion doesn’t matter... things weigh what they weigh, regardless of units.

They returned text.....it is titled n has trailer breaks.....see below.
View attachment 229359
Only thing that is confusing it will usually list the tire size per the axle so if that pertains to the trailer in question it should have 2 tire size specs and it would be able to haul more than 3500 lbs. That tag he sent you is for a single axle camper so definitely not the same trailer. Seems like he junked the camper and is using it on his homemade trailer. Now if he has a homemade registration for the camper trailer then the possibilities are endless at least in N.Y.

I have seen people strip the camper shells from the trailer and use the trailer for hauling but they aren't really intended for that purpose the framing isn't meant to carry the weight like car haulers or the like.

I love reading these, but truthfully in the back of my mind, I'm deeply worried about our country as seeing most of these posts.

Reactions: Chas0218
I love reading these, but truthfully in the back of my mind, I'm deeply worried about our country as seeing most of these posts.

If you think things are headed in the wrong direction, all you have to do is study history a bit, to put your mind at ease. As @BrotherBart likes to say, “the good old days, weren’t.”

Cut down in July and says it'll be ready to burn this winter. And don't waste his time asking for a half cord!
seattle.craigslist.org/sno/grd/d/firewood-for-sale-4-cords-of/6694069405.html
Screenshot_20180915-161052.jpeg

Yep, your saw, splitter & pickup. The way I read it you will hauling their wood also, no mention of how far that will be. Generally around here share cropping is 50/50 in the cattle, grain & hedge posts can’t see why it would be any different for firewood. Unless it was unbelievably easy to access & great wood I wouldn’t do it for less than 2me -1them. I would imagine that they would want you to stack their wood also. Are they going to help load & unload yours???

Reactions: saewoody
I love the ones who want FREE Work of Dangerous Trees, but you get to keep the wood, but must remove all. No one will do that for FREE.
And they want someone licensed and insured. I'm no business expert, but I assume that licensed and insured businesses usually charge a fee for their services.

And they want someone licensed and insured. I'm no business expert, but I assume that licensed and insured businesses usually charge a fee for their services.

The Insured part is normally just insurance policy. To actually get it you need to hire an Lawyer and take them to court. In WA State contractors (Tree Cutters too) get max, $12k. If they really screw up and drop that big pine tree on house it's going to cost a lot more. I know from experience. Screwed General Contractor. Cost almost $6k in legal fees. I did get $16k out of him and insurance company.

Seasoned like a fine wine left in a dank woods for a couple decades...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 9.21.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 9.21.53 AM.png
    543 KB · Views: 385
Has anyone noticed over the past few years people are trying to something for nothing? Not just firewood but everything. I have seen stuff that is worth $200 and someone is asking $5000 it is insane! The worst is when you offer to take care of it or offer what it is worth they get offended. When you show or tell them what the item is going for they think you're nuts.

Not on craigslist but down the street from me a guy had a big stack of wood (pine) out front his house basically on the curbside. I stopped to ask him if I could take it all or some. I was just passing by and figured on my way I would grab some for campfires. He said I had to buy it, I figured okay asked how much I was figuring like $10 for all or was just joking around. He wanted $300 for about a cord of pine logs! I looked at him to see if he was kidding, he wasn't. Truly insane, I didn't bother arguing just walked away shaking my head. I don't know what he thought he had there.