Crazy Ohio Weather

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

beatlefan

Feeling the Heat
Oct 2, 2015
Urbana, Ohio
70°F today and 76°F tomorrow, with plenty of sunshine. The leaves are still green.

Normally, our peak time for fall colors would be the 3rd week of October and we’d be well into the shoulder season.

did you hear that the forecast for winter in your area is very cold. what will happen is like here in new england not much of a fall goes summer to winter in 2 days

I’m in the Ohio Valley and The Old Farmers Almanac is predicting a warmer than normal winter with lots of rain. I hope it’s wrong, I hate rainy winters.

I’m expecting a quick transition to winter, just like you.

I agree about rainy winters. I moved from NEOhio down to SWOhio winter of 2013-2014. Last real winter I've had. Its probably a combination of warmer than normal and moving south, but I've not enjoyed the winters down here at all since moving.

Fall is the best season as far as I'm concerned.

Winter looks to be showing up here tonight - down to the 20s, high in 30s tomorrow. Warms up again next week though.

Oh yeah, this cold snap is gone cost about 4 pellet bags.