Critique my install plan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smithm1979

Dec 22, 2012
WNY
Stove is a PE Super 27 going in the basement. Going with 6" double wall stove pipe from stove, 90 elbow, double wall stove pipe horizontal attaching to the chimney pipe with adapter (was not going to use the insulated wall thimble since I'm going through concrete), chimney pipe through concrete (going to rent a concrete core drill with 8" bit to drill through poured concrete wall), bring chimney pipe out from wall far enough to go straight up 2-3" from gutter. Distance from the cleanout T to the roofline will be approximately 9 1/2'. I'd like to attach a wall band somehow but will be 10"-12" from the wall. I'm also considering staying close to the exterior wall and using the 15 degree elbows to go around the soffit/gutter. I've read enough of these posts to answer the standard questions: No, I can't go straight up through the house, I know that would be the best but can't make it work. Total length of the chimney will be approximately 18' so there will be a roof brace kit as well. I'll also be slightly angling the hole in the basement wall if possible (don't know, never used a concrete core drill before). Attached a couple of pics so hopefully that will help clarify. Thanks.
Sorry about the turned pics, thought they were right before I posted them, I'll try to fix them

Attachments

• IMG_0905.JPG
    IMG_0905.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0908.JPG
    IMG_0908.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.