Crystals in the ashes!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JMKLNIELSEN

Jan 20, 2014
Fulton, MO
So I was cleaning out my stove this morning and noticed a very hard crust that spanned the whole ash pile. After breaking it apart I looked closer and the crust was very "crystal" like? It was very jagged and sparkled in the sun light. I have a Country Flame catalytic wood stove and am burning mostly oak and red elm.

Thanks for any help!

I get that once in a while, it's nice, you can clean half your box in one scoop.

I get that once in a while, it's nice, you can clean half your box in one scoop.

Your right! I guess I should have looked at it as the "glass half full" MUCH easier to clean!

How do you like your Swisher splitter? I grew up with the Swisher family in Warrensburg MO, neat to see their products all over the country!

Works great, I think they stopped making the model I have, I ended up getting it for 1/2 retail.

Status
Not open for further replies.