Cub engine queston?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do it right, do it once...Torque wrench ...

Actually - do it twice. It needs to be re-torqued. (Yeah - I am being picky.:p)

Actually - do it twice. It needs to be re-torqued. (Yeah - I am being picky.:p)

No when I re-torqued they where all way off. When do it again tonight for the 3rd time just to make sure.

No when I re-torqued they where all way off.
A pretty common occurrence. If I were a bet'in man, I would guess that the third time will yield little movement.

Reactions: smokinj
A pretty common occurrence. If I were a bet'in man, I would guess that the third time will yield little movement.

That's what I am hoping for...:)

Reactions: Jags
So, I just read all 9 pages of this. I haven't been around here much this summer. Do I understand that you moved up from that green tractor to a Cub? Which one? Do you have another thread about it?

So, I just read all 9 pages of this. I haven't been around here much this summer. Do I understand that you moved up from that green tractor to a Cub? Which one? Do you have another thread about it?

I still have my jd its a hydrostat and its not going to pull a plow. The cub is being used as the heavy lifter if you will.

What model? I know its a 12hp. and will surely be a fine heavy lifter.

Nice. The WF Cubs are the best.

:mad: I had a special fondness for the narrow frames.

My first Cub was a 125. After my brother in law bought a 108 I decided that I wanted a WF. To each his own.

The wide frames were workhorses, but who can say "no" to this little cutie?

70.jpg

Mine was only slightly newer:

Cub_Cadet_123.jpg IMG_9943.JPG

You get anything to hitch to that mule yet?

Reactions: Ashful
You get anything to hitch to that mule yet?

No but looking hard. I hate to buy new. I have a aerator and a 17cu foot trailer. Going to get a 30 cu ft in Sept. Looking for plow disc and Cultivator.

You will also need the IH Cub Cadet three point hitch and Brinly sleeve hitch adapter. For those implements.
images
images
images

A spring assist might also be nice for your manual lift tractor.

I've been looking for a small cultivator to pull behind the Honda to put in a few food plots and possibly expand the garden some more. The new ones are damned expensive and the used ones are hard to come by.

I have a plow, disc, cultivator, and rear blade for my Cubs. I also recently acquired a landscape rake that I intend to modify for my Cubs.
DSCN2162.JPG

It is a magnetic cupholder that I found on a discount rack at Sears. It sounds like a good idea, but it failed miserably.:confused:

It is a magnetic cupholder that I found on a discount rack at Sears. It sounds like a good idea, but it failed miserably.:confused:

lol It was wishful thinking on my part as well. My Jd there no problem with a drink. The cub is a whole new skill set. :)

cub cadet.jpg
You will also need the IH Cub Cadet three point hitch and Brinly sleeve hitch adapter. For those implements.
images
images
images

A spring assist might also be nice for your manual lift tractor.

I already have that. ;)

I already have that. ;)

You did good! Chains and it looks like it has wheel weights too. Does it have headlights? How come I don't see a lift lever on the right? How do you raise/lower the deck and rear hitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.