Current State of Vermont Castings??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if anyone here knows what is happening with VC. There seemed to be some people in the know last spring when they went under, but have not heard anything of late. Of course I just happened to spend close to $ 1300.00 on a BBQ just before they went under :mad:

There are many CFM/Majestic/ "Vermont Castings" fans and apologists here and on the 'other'site. I'll be banned again if they are named here.....one is a N.Y. dealer . " No one has ever had any problems with CFM VC products. You've got an agenda."
If any company can't meet basic customer needs, it needs to change or go out of business. e.g. GM. Now, for the flames.

Last I heard, Monessen is the new owner of VC...
Not sure if Majestic is still part of the company, but I wouldn't doubt it...
We still order parts from them, but we hafta wait MONTHS for anything to
be shipped & at least 1/3 of the time we get shipped the wrong stuff...
Very frustrating for us as we get the flak from our customers &
VC/Monessen/Majestic just gets the $$$...

I talked to a local stove dealer today about getting a VC Aspen. He has a floor model but said he didn't know if he could get delivery on one if I ordered it - and it would take a long time to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.