cut down an elm and sycamore today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
I cut down a pretty big elm and sycamore today...I actually videoed it but some how on my way home my cell phone went berzerk. ..sorry....a lot of wood in these trees...it will keep me busy on my next day off...I limbed both trees and cut them into manageable size logs...bucking and splitting next trip

I am with jags on this one :lol: it's always comforting to know your being productive good job steel.

Take a video so we can see how the splitting goes on this wood.

Backwoods Savage said:
Take a video so we can see how the splitting goes on this wood.
We split a Sycamore (at least thats what I was told it was)....Yeah....I wanna see a video of that split....mine was tough and stringy as all heck

yeah its tough to split green..best thing to do is buck it up and let it sit for a year...splits pretty easy when it dries out..but i will do a vid of the sycamore for u guys...just give me a week or so and ill split a few green pieces...

+1 steeltown you are really cranking out the wood. maybe we can consider you for a zap jr. award this year. keep going.

Status
Not open for further replies.