Cyberpower UPS Display

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

gfreek

Minister of Fire
Nov 5, 2010
WNYS
I have a pure sine wave UPS tower about 5 years old. The LED display is malfunctioning, voltage, setting etc. I had it unplugged for a month, plugged it back in, fine for a week, now the display is malfunctioning again.. Any ideas or time for a new one ? Thanks

The battery may be at end of life. Take it out, let it sit for a day and test it for voltage.

Ok I'll try that,. Come to think of it, I had it connected to my Directv box for upcoming 30 minute outage and it never recorded.. thanks.

I ordered 2 new batteries for that unit. Voltage output after removal was 1. Will post results..

I replaced two 12 volt batteries connected in series. The battery connections need to be secured with needle nose pliers, the middle connector assembly tends to move upon install so tape them all together to prevent movement...OEM ones were secured together.. Sorry forgot to take pictures..