D & J home and hearth in Sanford M.E.?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbmaine

Apr 4, 2009
USA
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had dealt with D & J home and hearth and if so would you recommend them. service after the sale, that type of thing.
Thanks
JB

I cant say anything about their service. But I dont like a couple things about the place.

When I was looking for a stove I went to several places. i researched for quite some time and narrowed it down to a Quad, a Harmon or a Breckwell. The Breckwell dealer(Potbelly Jct. in Springvale) I visited and made my decision pretty quickly that I didnt want to deal with that guy at all. And my thinking was the right one as a lady at work has relatives that have had nothing but problems with the guy. So i ventured to see Junior(D & J) and after being in the shop for nearly a half hour and ME being the one to bug them for questions while they appeared to be chatting with friends in the store and not having them cater to me like a customer I took my thousands of dollars and fled. So....a few days later I went into Maine Stove and Chimney in Sanford and after having Doug practically serving me dinner talking about the Quads....but he wasnt just talking about the stoves....we talked small talk etc....he was much more personable. So I took a leap and havent looked back. I would reccomend Maine Stove & Chimney hands down for sales and service. They never skipped a beat with me. Very nice people that has been doing stoves and service for 25 years. D & J has not. Perhaps part of my negative towards D & J is i had a couple buddies a few years back get a raw deal from him on the portable car ports etc he sells. Maybe thats part of the sour taste I get.

Thats just the issues I have with the guy...

jbmaine said:
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had dealt with D & J home and hearth and if so would you recommend them. service after the sale, that type of thing.
Thanks
JB

Thanks, some how Maine stove and chimney had slipped under our radar. I've added them to the list and will be taking a trip up there soon.
Thanks again
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.