Damper Help - VC Winterwarm Small

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Leather Head

Oct 27, 2018
NY
When the stove is cold, the damper operates just fine. When the stove heats up, the damper will not open fully. How do I adjust the damper open/close control? Any help would be appreciated...

Don't know if your have the same mechanism, but I just rebuilt my VC Resolute Acclaim. I adjusted the damper ramp to work smooth when cold, but when the stove heated up, the damper started hanging. I just let the stove cool down a little, backed off on the damper adjustment, and now it opens/closes smoothly again. Won't know if this is the solution to my problem (or yours) until the stove heats up again, but it's worth a try.

As a fellow winter warm small user, could you clarify: are you saying that you can move the damper lever above the door to the left fine, but not all the way back to the right when the fire is roaring? Or is it after the fire has burned down a bit? As you move it to the right, how far does the damper flap move? Just an inch or two from closed? Straight up? Or on the way to laying back?
If you found out the answer, please share as other might be looking at the same problem.