Danbury / Bethel CT area

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Beer Belly

Minister of Fire
Oct 26, 2011
Connecticut
I'm gonna throw this out there as a back up plan. Last summer, my buddy pulls into our driveway with a couple of big rounds of Ash asking if he could drop it in my wood processing area in the corner of our yard, I told him he could, then he said it's from his sisters house 2 blocks away and there is more, so naturally a deal was cut and we agreed to move it all to my area, and split and divide later. Unfortunetly, I now have a Back injury, so my days of lifting and splitting (even with hydraulics) are pretty much done. The problem is, we are selling next Spring, and I need this wood moved outa here so I can seed and reclaim the area as usable yard. I'm gonna let my buddy know, and also tell him he's on his own, I cannot help. He may split and take the smaller, more managable stuff, and leave the large stuff being he is solo. If that does occur, I wil be looking for takers here, it's an easy drive up to the wood to load or work it, so keep your eyes open for a posting if it comes down to it. Be well ~Beer Belly

I'm gonna throw this out there as a back up plan. Last summer, my buddy pulls into our driveway with a couple of big rounds of Ash asking if he could drop it in my wood processing area in the corner of our yard, I told him he could, then he said it's from his sisters house 2 blocks away and there is more, so naturally a deal was cut and we agreed to move it all to my area, and split and divide later. Unfortunetly, I now have a Back injury, so my days of lifting and splitting (even with hydraulics) are pretty much done. The problem is, we are selling next Spring, and I need this wood moved outa here so I can seed and reclaim the area as usable yard. I'm gonna let my buddy know, and also tell him he's on his own, I cannot help. He may split and take the smaller, more managable stuff, and leave the large stuff being he is solo. If that does occur, I wil be looking for takers here, it's an easy drive up to the wood to load or work it, so keep your eyes open for a posting if it comes down to it. Be well ~Beer Belly
So sorry about your back injury, it's an awful kind of pain

Reactions: D8Chumley