Dang Sox!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Hearth Supporter
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
Since a LOT of our traffic comes from New England, the Sox hurt our traffic starting from the last day of the World Series to and including the parade!

Well, I guess it's a small sacrifice for Hearth.com and a BIG Victory for New England...

Reactions: Mrs. Krabappel
Another reason I don't like baseball. >>

I liked the people factor better than the game.
They walk over to the stands behind the plate and talk to an 88 year old guy.....he says

"Yeah, I'm here with 3 generations - been coming for 60 years and never missed a single game. When the game is over I work as a clerk in a store selling game merchandise across the street, so I have to run over there after. You know, I won't be doing this too much longer, but it's a multi-generational thing"
(his family obviously passes down season tickets)

Say what you will - you cannot get more American or Blue Collar than that. I love it! Just real people living a real life and the guy still working at 88.

If you talked longer to the guy, he probably fought in WWII.

That rings true for me. I like to think my son will fondly remember watching games with his old mum. As I fondly remember watching games with my grandparents.

My grandpa never saw a pro baseball game in his life but would park beside that radio and listen to ever game. Knew all the players name and stats going back forever.

I asked him one day 40 years ago who was his favorite team. He said whoever was playing the Yankees that day. ;lol

Reactions: Mrs. Krabappel
Status
Not open for further replies.