Did I get a deal or did I waste $100?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I was at Lowe’s looking for some outdoor chairs and stumbled upon the clearance/scratch and dent section. They had this ventless gas stove marked down from $499 to $125. On impulse I decided to grab it for a loft hangout at our cabin in the mountains. Due to a couple of miscommunications at the register, the store manager knocked an additional $25 off, so I got it for $100.
When we first bought the cabin I asked the kind folks here about adding a wood stove to this detached garage loft apartment. It will be used by my grown kids, guests, and Airbnb renters on occasion. Everyone here concluded that an actual wood burning stove wood be a huge maintenance issue, plus the space in question already has a propane hookup right where I want to put a stove. The thought was that most guests will find it easier to just flip a switch and not have to deal with wood. Plus I won’t have to clean it or haul wood up to the loft. If a guest wants to experience a fire, there is a fire pit by the river.
Here is the space with the previous owner’s furniture.

Here is my planned layout of that corner,
Here is the stove I got
Thoughts?

If your building is a well-insulated, tight structure, you are probably gonna hate it.
For every gallon of LP or therm of NG burned, it will add a gallon of water vapor to the indoor air.
If you have pets, or spray any aerosols, you will get unpleasant smells as those things,
& others will be burned by the open flames...
You may have Mold & Mildew on windows & swollen, sticking wooden doors & windows.
You will probably need to open a window at night when it's in use, which kinda defeats the purpose of trying to heat with it.
Others may chime in & say you got a great deal, but I won't use one in MY home.

Reactions: bholler