Did Santa Bring You any Hearth Related Gifts?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katwillny

My wife got me fire starters, a trivet and a steam pot and some spice drops to make our home smell nice and sweet. What did you get hearth related?

I got a couple pair of wool socks. They will look nice when they are wet and smelly hanging by the stove to dry.

I received the log cabin steampot for the Isle Royale and the stovestat for the insert.

New CLEAN welding gloves.

My wife got me a Fiskars' sharpener for the SuperSplitter and my son ordered some SuperCedars that have not yet arrived, so he wrapped up some twigs. Will give them a try tomorrow.

We got a nice kettle to sit on top of the Jotul from my mil. Santa brought me a MS 441. I will be heading out to the woods tomorrow morning to try her out.

Santa brought me a Ryobi Laser Thermometer!!! But we quickly learned to use caution around the cat, we pointed it at the stove and she ran at the laser dot, don't want her leaping at the stove and burning her paws.

My in-laws got me a new set of hearth tools, my wife says I can finally retire my old set which is about 40 years old. The new set is nice and it looks alot nicer sitting next to the stove, but I don't know, I tend to like old things. My wife thinks i threw the old set out but I have them in a safe spot out in my cave, just in case the new set doesn't cut it.

I had 30 people at my house last night. At least 10 of them at one time or another, were standing in front of the insert. It was a good night for the hearth, in my house.

In my stocking I had a little red bag with the words "Merry Christmas" inscribed on it in gold letters, inside that bag there was coal! LOL ot was a gag gift and I love it!

Ray

I got a bellows. Wanted one for some time. Used it twice already during reloads. Works like a champ.

I bought myself a new ash/coal shovel and a heavy duty poker for moving ashes around.

Our final gift exchange is on the 28th.... If I don't get the stove top thermometer I asked for I will likely go buy it for myself.

When we get to Fargo in a couple of weeks for a hockey tournament I have Harborfreight and Northern Tool on my got to list in hopes of scoring that 10 dollar moisture meter. Any Christmas cash will go towards that little unit.

For kicks I will check out all of the vogelzang stove variations knowing of course that the only way I would buy one would be if I was using one of them would be in a small hunting shack or cabin.

Santa bought me a new 8lb maul, and I can honestly say it's what I always wanted :)

welding gloves.

So many stove gifts!! Santa brought me new stove gloves, set of hearth tools, & 2 books (the Woodburners companion, and the New Woodburners handbook). I'm STOKED!.....(sorry :p )

The day before Christmas there was a roll of ribbon on the kitchen table. Come Christmas morning, an empty spool. I could only imagine how many presents she must have wrapped. NOT!! She had been out in the woods marking all the trees she wanted thinned out. My present for next year - FIREWOOD !

I got about a two month's supply of kindling--doug fir, cut to length and split into 1/2" kindles. Ya hoo!

I also had custody restored of a wooden box containing an old friend's matchbook collection, back from the days when 'most everyone smoked cigarettes and places of business gave out embossed matchbooks. It contains a couple of foot-long matchbooks, one that advertises the Ford Comet, some in languages I can't read, one from Air Force One, a piece of Wrigley's Arrowmint gum (takers?), one from Samuel Rifkin Furs with a . . . fur . . . something . . . on it (dial CHapman 5-670), another urging me to re-elect The People's Friend, John Claussen, as Sherriff of Napa County. And more. Many more. Much hearthside amusement in there. Easily entertained . . .

Maybe not directly hearth, but certainly related. New gloves and this:

Backwoods Savage said:
Maybe not directly hearth, but certainly related. New gloves and this:

Nice toy could use that right about now.. Snowing like crazy here! This is the heavy wet snow, the worst kind to deal with.. If this keeps up will need to get plowed out here..

Ray

snowleopard said:
I also had custody restored of a wooden box containing an old friend's matchbook collection. . .
Careful with those matches around the fire!

Hey, I'm sure you've seen gloves before Battenkiller! lol

Ray, if you weren't so far away I'd clean your driveway for you.

Backwoods Savage said:
Hey, I'm sure you've seen gloves before Battenkiller! lol

Ray, if you weren't so far away I'd clean your driveway for you.

Thanx Dennis I know you would be a great neighbor! If we get all snow may need a frontend loader to dig us out.. Do have plenty of wood in the house and a full 30 pack of Miller Lite so I will survive lol...

Ray

raybonz said:
plenty of wood in the house and a full 30 pack of Miller Lite...
I'll head right over. Might take me a while cuz I only have a walk-behind snow thrower. Dennis would probably beat me there with his quad.

Status
Not open for further replies.