Dimensions of Jotul F600 Firelight w/ Rear Heatshield?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sshtac

Jan 19, 2012
CT
Hello,

I'm considering buying a Jotul F600 Firelight to replace a Harman Oakwood that I recently sold.

I'm putting the stove in front of a fireplace. I've compared the dimensions of the F600 from the owner's manual to my fireplace opening and it should fit -- albeit a bit tight.

I was thinking it'd be a good idea to get the rear heatshield (and blower) for the stove so I can block the heat from going to the back, however, I'm concerend the stove may not fit with the rear heatshield.

Can anyone please tell me the dimensions of the stove with the rear heatshield mounted?

Specifically, I need to know the height and depth of the heatshield mounted on the back of the stove.

Thanks!

Edited to add: Just the back of the stove will go in the fireplace, the legs of the stove will stand on my hearth.

I can't give you the EXACT dimensions, but I can get pretty close. The F600 without the RHS is 26.5 from the front of the ashlip to the rear of the flue collar. The RHS stands off about 4" from the stove body, but only about 1 - 1.5" from the flue collar. So if you do the math, you're probably gonna be about 28" overall...Hope this helps.

Hi Daksy,

Thanks that does helps.

Can you tell me if the RHS adds any height to the back of the stove? Also, does the RHS follow the angled dimensions of the stove's back? Or does it have square edges, like a box?

My fireplace is an arch, it's 32" tall in middle and 29" tall at the point where the stove's left and right sides would be. It's plenty deep enough, as long as part of the stove fits in the fireplace. My hearth is 20.5" deep.

Sorry to keep asking, but none of the dealers in my area could answer my questions.

Thanks again for the info!

Hi Daksy,

Thanks that does helps.

Can you tell me if the RHS adds any height to the back of the stove? Also, does the RHS follow the angled dimensions of the stove's back? Or does it have square edges, like a box?

My fireplace is an arch, it's 32" tall in middle and 29" tall at the point where the stove's left and right sides would be. It's plenty deep enough, as long as part of the stove fits in the fireplace. My hearth is 20.5" deep.

Sorry to keep asking, but none of the dealers in my area could answer my questions.

Thanks again for the info!

You're welcome. Refer to the pix in the link that Dairyman posted. No dimensions, but REALLY good visuals...

You're going to load it using the front doors rather than the right side ?

Awesome! Thanks for the link guys.

Billb3: No, I'm hoping to use the side door. Looks like from those pictures, I'm going to have to pull it out some.

I would highly recommend installing the stove so you can use the side door. The handle for the front door can be a bit of a pain sometimes. You will love the heat from this stove! Good luck!

Interesting I'm going from the oakwood to the firelight as well, cause I had to leave the oakwood in my old house. I'll be interested to see how the rear heat sheild works for you. I'm putting mine in front of a fireplace as well. With the oakwood it seemed like most of the heat was in the back of the stove or basically into the fireplace, I figure the firelight shouldn't be throwing all the heat back.

Awesome! Thanks for the link guys.

Billb3: No, I'm hoping to use the side door. Looks like from those pictures, I'm going to have to pull it out some.

The Oakwood's secondary combustion is at the rear, the F600 is at the top of the firebox. The top and the front are where the main heat will be radiated from.

For sure try to pull it out enough to side load. If this means extending the hearth then do it. And watch the mantel clearance if there is one. This is a serious heater so you will want to honor the clearances generously.

I believe the stove just needs ember protection past the actual stove correct? The stove is sitting on the fireplace hearth but I know I have to extend some protection for the floor.

Correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.