Dirty snow on roof by chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadD

Burning Hunk
Nov 10, 2012
Connecticut
I noticed today after the storm there was some dirty brownish snow on the roof near the chimney is this normal?

Attachments

• 036 (2).JPG
    036 (2).JPG
    255.9 KB · Views: 199
You may have gotten some really strong drafts during the storm that pulled some loose stuff out.

Is the dark spot on the left near the roof edge a shadow or is that the discolorization?I get some brown drippings from mine once in a while..I just thought it was condensation dripping from letting it cool off .I'm watchin this one .

my friends have black creosote dripping out of their cap all down the chimney, but again they do like to burn that "green wood" That they just had to have me get for them so that they could split it and then burn it that very same day. They never get to far ahead so that it does not dry out?_g

I snapped this picture later on in the day after I finished snowblowing.The discoloration to the left was just a shadow but before more of the snow melted it was a brown stain on all the snow on the roof near the chimney.

Status
Not open for further replies.